Now more than ever, we depend on technology to run our business (and our lives). When the "internet goes down," most businesses are at a standstill until they are back online, costing thousands in lost productivity and sales.
It's not just the BIG problems like this but others like file access, password protection, being able to print and recovering files or versions of files that were accidentally overwritten or deleted. All of these are common occurrences in today's business.
You must have a way to get back up and running quickly should something happen or even ELIMINATE tech problems before they start.
That is why we've created a list to help you determine how ready your business is for these issues so you can stay focused on running a business.
Can you confidently make all these statements?
- Our IT company answers their phone LIVE and respond to emergencies promptly (within 15 minutes).
- Our IT company is easy to reach and highly responsive (responding within an hour) when we need them for non-emergencies.
- Our IT company proactively monitors and frequently patches and updates our computer network's critical security settings.
- Our IT company offers proof that they are backing up ALL our data, laptops and devices.
- Our IT company meets with us regularly (at least once a quarter) to report what they've been doing, review projects and offer new ways to improve our network's performance instead of waiting until we have a problem to make recommendations.
- Our IT company provides detailed invoices that clearly explain what we are paying for.
- Our IT company explains what they are doing and answer our questions in terms that you we understand, NOT in "geek speak" and routinely ask if there's anything else they can help with, no matter how small.
- Our IT company proactively discuss cybersecurity with us, makes recommendations for protecting our network from ransomware and offer employee training videos, so they don't fall victim to a scam.
- Our IT company provides complete network documentation. They do not hold the "keys to the kingdom" refusing to give us admin passwords so we're totally helpless if something goes wrong.
- The techs arrive on time and dress professionally, and we look forward to working with them. We do not cringe every time we have to make that call.
If you cannot confidently say these things about your current IT company, technician or 'IT guy,' you could be paying for substandard support.
If that's the case, then it's time you see what else is out there and make sure you're getting what you pay for.